Põhja pst 7, Estonian Academy of Arts, Tallinn, Estonia. See the MAP
The conference takes place at the main building of the Estonian Academy of Arts, in the atmospheric Kalamaja district. Tallinn has one airport which has direct connections to 40 international (mostly European) destinations. The airport is located inside the city, only half an hour away from the conference venue (on public transport). See the map of the airport.
Visitors from Finland or Sweden could also opt for the ferry: a trip from Helsinki to Tallinn lasts a little over 2 hours, the trip from Stockholm to Tallinn around 17 hours.
Riga and St. Petersburg are accessible by bus as well. A bus ride from Riga takes approximately 4,5 hours, from St. Petersburg about 8 hours.
How to get to the conference venue from Tallinn Airport:
- Take bus number 2 from “Lennujaam” (Airport) stop that is located on the city side of the passenger terminal of the airport (and a bit to the left after you exit the building). You should be heading towards and exiting the bus at “Balti jaam” which is the final stop. You should see the Academy of Arts building from there, it takes only about 2 minutes then to reach the venue. The bus ride takes approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Tram line number 4 is convenient as well. The tram stop is located on the city side of the passenger terminal, the airport is the final stop. You can take tram number 4 to “Hobujaama” and then switch to tram line number 1 or 2 towards Kopli. Exit at the stop called “Põhja puiestee” (or also “Balti jaam”). The Academy of Arts building is visible from there.
- A taxi ride from the airport to the conference venue costs around 7-10 euros. The most convenient and sometimes also the cheapest option is to use a taxi app: Uber, Bolt or Yandex. You can probably get a taxi at the front door of the airport as well.
How to get to the conference venue from Port of Tallinn (D-terminal or A-terminal, for arrivals from Stockholm and Helsinki):
- The easiest and fastest way to the venue is probably by taxi.
- Bus number 2 connects both D- and A-terminals to “Balti jaam” which is the final stop. You should see the Academy of Arts building from there, it takes only about 1-2 minutes then to reach the venue. The bus ride takes approximately 10 minutes.
- It is also possible to walk: the distance between the port and the Academy of Arts is 1.8 kilometres and takes about 20-25 minutes.
How to get to the conference venue from Tallinn Bus Station:
- Tram line number 2 connects Tallinn Bus Station directly with the Estonian Academy of Arts. Walk to tram stop called “Bussijaam” (3-4 min walk) and take the tram line number 2 (towards Kopli) to “Põhja Puiestee” (or also “Balti jaam”). From there it is a very short walk to the venue.
How to get to the conference venue from Tallinn Train Station (Balti jaam):
- It is a 5 min walk from the Tallinn Train Station.
Public transport in Tallinn
The most informative website for public transport in Tallinn is https://transport.tallinn.ee/#/en
Here you can see the location of buses and trams in real time and obtain information regarding the lines, stops, and timetables. There is also a journey planner. The journey planner of Google Maps works very well, too.
For public transport, it is recommended to buy the green Tallinn transportation card – “Ühiskaart” (Smartcard) – for 2€, available at various post offices, grocery stores, kiosks (most commonly R-Kiosk). There is an R-Kiosk also at the airport (map of the airport). You can load money onto the Smartcard and buy tickets and travel cards at the sale points of the card. The card has to be validated upon every entry in a public transportation vehicle. With the Smartcard an hourly ticket costs 1.50 €. Note that the cost of the journeys you make in a single day using hourly tickets will never exceed the cost of a 1-day travel card (4.50 €). Other Smartcard tickets: 3 day ticket (7.50 €), 5 day ticket (9.00 €).
See the information on the Tallinn public transportation web page: https://www.tallinn.ee/eng/pilet
and especially ticket information for tourists: https://www.tallinn.ee/eng/pilet/Ticket-information-for-tourists
In case you buy the Tallinn Card, free travel on public transport is already included in the price.
Getting around in Tallinn is easy, especially since it is not a very big city. You can use buses and trams. Many sights are also in walking distance from the city centre and the conference venue.
Nordic Hotel Forum in Tallinn downtown is a partner of ESA conference 2022 Tallinn and have made a special offer as follows:
The 4-star superior hotel offers spacious and elegant hotel rooms and a Leisure Centre on the 8th floor with magnificent views over the historic Old Town of Tallinn.
Standard single room 114 EUR/night
Standard double / twin room 114 EUR/night
The price is valid for accommodation during the period of 27th of July – 2nd July 2022. The price includes buffet breakfast, free WiFi, and use of a leisure center on the top floor with a fully equipped gym, indoor pool and saunas.
Booking via link: https://bit.ly/NHFESA2022
More info: https://www.nordichotels.eu/
The conference venue is located next to the Old Town of Tallinn where you can find many more hotels (both luxurious and cheaper options) and also apartments and even budget hostels. Please visit VisitTallinn.ee, Tripadvisor.com, Booking.com, or contact conference[a]eurosa.org.
Welcome to Tallinn!