- Book of Abstracts ESA 2022
- Newsletter 1/2021
- The 2021 Fabian Dorsch ESA Essay Prize Awarded
- Programme of the 2021 ESA Conference Announced
- 9/2020 // Call for contributions to ESA Newletter #2
- 5/2020 // The ESA Newsletter #1 is Out
- PROGRAMME AND REGISTRATION
- 2019 Conference Book of Abstracts
- Change of Keynote
- ESA Conference 2019, Warsaw; Registration
- ESA Conference 2019 – Warsaw (Poland)
- ESA General Assembly and Election 2018
- ESA Conference 2018, Maribor – Registration
- ESA Conference 2018 – Maribor (Slovenia)
- Estetika : Call for editor-in-chief
- ESA Conference 2017 – Berlin
- ESA Conference 2017, Berlin – Registration
- In memory of Fabian Dorsch
- ESA Conference 2016, Barcelona – Registration
- ESA Conference 2016 – Barcelona
- ESA Conference 2015 – Registration
- ESA Conference 2015 – Dublin
- ESA Conference 2014 – Registration
- ESA Conference 2014 – Amsterdam
- ESA Conference 2013 – Prague
The European Society for Aesthetics held its annual conference in 2013 at the Charles University of Prague from the 17th of June (morning) until the 19th of June (evening) 2013.
- Paolo D’Angelo (Università degli Studi Roma Tre)
- Tomáš Hlobil (Univerzita Karlova v Praze)
- Maria Elisabeth Reicher-Marek (Philosophisches Institut der RWTH Aachen)
The conference included more than 60 papers from all traditions and on a variety of systematic and historical topics in philosophical aesthetics. You can download the programme here. The ESA also held its general assembly 2013 during the conference.
The conference took place in the main building of the Faculty of Arts of Charles University, which is located on the right bank of the Vltava River, in the very city centre, at Náměstí Jana Palacha (Jan Palach Square) 2 (map). The conference venue is close to the Staromestska metro station.
Registration for the conference is now closed.
There are plenty of hotels and smaller guesthouses in Prague, many of which are in or close to the old city, where the conference venue is located. The local organisers were able to reserve some rooms for participants in university-related hotels or guesthouses. They have to be booked by the 1st of June and are given out on a first come, first serve basis. Please use the password ‘ESA 2013’.
- Address: Martího 2, Praha 6 (map)
- Travel: close to Nad Džbánem tram station, about 30 minutes by tram and metro to the conference venue
- Offer: 30 rooms for one (CZK 650 / EUR 26), two (CZK 1000 / EUR 40) or three persons (CZK 1400 / EUR56)
- Contact: krystal[at]cdms-krystal.cz
- Address: Thákurova 1, Praha 6 (map)
- Travel: close to Dejvicka metro station, which is three stops from the conference venue
- Offer: 6 single rooms (CZK 970 / EUR 39), as well as 6 double rooms, either for one (CZK 1070 / EUR 43) or for two persons (CZK 1240 / EUR 50)
- Contact: druzecka[at]suz.cvut.cz
Please note that neither the ESA, nor the local organisers will be able to book rooms for you – you will have to contact the hotels directly.
Both Prague’s international airport and its train station are well-connected. The city itself is fairly easy to navigate by metro, tram or bus. Here you can find much more detailed information on travel within and to/from Prague, as well as a map of the metro and tram lines.
Please send your questions concerning the conference venue, the meals, accommodation, travel and other local issues to the local organisers: local[at]eurosa.org. Please send all other questions (for instance, concerning the programme) to the ESA conference organisers: conference[at]eurosa.org.