Date(s): 31. October
Evental Aesthetics is an independent, double-blind peer-reviewed journal dedicated to philosophical and aesthetic intersections. The journal is open-access, and there are no publication fees. The Editors seek submissions for a special issue in 2016, guest-edited by Gascia Ouzounian.
Each issue has two parts, one dedicated to a specific theme, and the other (“Aesthetic Inquiries”) devoted to aesthetic questions of any kind. Thus the Editors seek submissions in two categories.
1. Sound Art and Environment: Suggested topics:
- Sound art and ontologies of space, place, and/or sociality
- Sound art and landscape, environment, geography, urban and public space
- Sound art and experimental approaches to architecture, planning, and mapping
- Sound art in remote or contested places, including conflict or post-conflict zones and under-served communities
- Sound art and biopolitics; new approaches to ecology and acoustic ecology; sound art and environmental activism
- Sound art and the non-human world
Topics may be freely interpreted. However, all submissions must engage philosophical matters.
2. Aesthetic Inquiries: This section will be devoted to philosophical matters pertaining to any aesthetic practice or experience, including but not limited to art and everyday aesthetics.
We welcome articles (4,000-8,000 words) and Collisions (1,000-2,500 words). Collisions are brief responses to aesthetic experiences that raise philosophical questions, pointing the way towards suggestive discussions. We’re also seeking proposals for Collisions with academic books (EA’s version of book reviews).
Submission and formatting requirements, along with further information on Collisions, are available at http://eventalaesthetics.net/submissions/. Submissions that do not meet our requirements will not be considered.
Deadline: 31 October 2016