Date(s): 31. October
The Editors of Evental Aesthetics, an independent, double-blind peer-reviewed journal, seek submissions in two categories for our Winter 2015 issue. Deadline: 31 October, 2015.
1. Aesthetic Inquiries: This section will be devoted to philosophical matters pertaining to any aesthetic practice or experience, including but not limited to art and everyday aesthetics.
2. Posthumanism and Aesthetics: Suggested topics:
- Aesthetics and extensions of the human self via virtual reality, biotechnology, or other means.
- Aesthetics and the impacts of the Anthropocene.
- Nonhuman creativity.
- Aesthetic critiques of the concept of posthumanism.
- Analyses of aesthetic projects and practices that may qualify as “posthuman.”
- What a posthumanist aesthetic theory might look like, if such theories are possible.
- Close readings of N. Katherine Hayles’ How We Became Posthuman and related works, focusing on the roles of aesthetic practices, experiences, and concepts therein.
We welcome articles (4,000-10,000 words), Collisions (1,000-2,500 words), and proposals for Collisions with academic books. Please visit http://eventalaesthetics.net/for-authors/ for submission requirements.