Date(s): 31. July
The Editors of Evental Aesthetics, an independent, double-blind peer-reviewed journal, seek submissions in two categories for our Fall 2015 issue. Deadline: 31 July, 2015.
1. Aesthetic Inquiries: This section will be devoted to philosophical matters pertaining to any aesthetic practice or experience, including but not limited to art and everyday aesthetics.
2. Evolution and Aesthetics: Suggested topics:
- The question of art as an evolved behavior of the human species. How is the evolution of aesthetic practice connected to the evolution of the species? Are there connections between aesthetic theories and theories of evolution?
- Critical readings of evolution and progress as narratives of aesthetic histories and cultures.
- Aesthetic tastes and practices in other species.
- Creative and aesthetic processes inherent to processes of evolution and change.
- Aesthetic matters pertinent to studies of the “origins” of life, including astrobiology, cellular biology.
- The aesthetics of the science, the writings, and the images involved in creating and disseminating the theory of evolution.
- Aesthetic matters in Henri Bergson’s Creative Evolution and related texts.
- Close readings of Charles Darwin and related authors, with an eye towards the aesthetics of their work.
- Close readings of the work of Stephen Davies, Denis Dutton and others on evolution and aesthetics.
We welcome articles (4,000-10,000 words), Collisions (1,000-2,500 words), and proposals for Collisions with academic books. Please visit http://eventalaesthetics.net/for-authors/ for submission requirements.